Google Groups Beta
Subscribe to Great Book Club Blog
Email:
Visit this group
Newcomers are welcome to join in our discussion of
Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice
* Check out our Pride and Prejudice lists *

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen --
Ch. 8 pt 8

Elizabeth was so much caught by what passed, as to leave her very little attention for her book; and soon laying it wholly aside, she drew near the card-table, and stationed herself between Mr. Bingley and his eldest sister to observe the game.

"Is Miss Darcy much grown since the spring?" said Miss Bingley; "will she be as tall as I am?"

"I think she will. She is now about Miss Elizabeth Bennet's height, or rather taller."

"How I long to see her again! I never met with anybody who delighted me so much. Such a countenance, such manners, and so extremely accomplished for her age! Her performance on the piano-forte is exquisite."

No comments: